2021 Junior Explorer Program Registration (Families/All-Ages)
Registration is now open for the LRCA’s 2021 Junior Explorer programs!
Join the LRCA and special guests on a series of expert-led guided hikes at several different Conservation Areas. Our Junior Explorer programs are geared toward younger learners and families.
The tentative programming dates, topics and locations are as follows:
Saturday, August 21 – Fish & Aquatics at Hazelwood LakePROGRAM COMPLETE
- Saturday, September 25 – Trees & Fall Colours at Little Trout Bay
- Wednesday, October 6 – Nature Journaling at Cascades
NOTE: Event dates, times and topics are subject to change and/or cancellation.
These complimentary programs have once again been made possible through the generous sponsorship of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation.
*Please Note: a separate registration must be submitted for EACH PARTICIPANT.
***PLEASE SEE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION BELOW***
*If the event does not appear in the drop-down menu, the program is full.
Due to COVID-19, all 2021 programs will be offered in a capacity that ensures compliance with physical distancing and the LRCA’s Health and Safety Policies.
Please take note of the following important points:
- There will be no formal presentation component at the LRCA Administrative Office as in prior years, as we are not able to provide adequate physical distancing in our Multi-Purpose Room. Each entire program will take place at a Conservation Area.
- The LRCA will not be providing bussing or transportation of any kind. It is the participant’s responsibility to get themselves to and from the field trip location.
- Participants will be limited to no more than 25 people per program (including staff, guides, parents, guardians and children), no exceptions.
- While every effort will be made to ensure adequate physical distancing, there may be times (such as along certain points along the trails) where this is not possible. As such, you will be required to wear a mask whenever adequate physical distancing is not possible.
- Regular hand-sanitizing is encouraged.
- By signing up for a program, you are agreeing to abide by the LRCA’s rules and safety measures, and you are agreeing to comply with any instruction from LRCA staff or expert guide.
- We appreciate your support, understanding, patience and cooperation.
Some other items to consider when planning on attending a Living Classroom Program:
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Wear appropriate footwear
- Bring a hat
- Bring bug spray
- Bring sunscreen
- Bring water and a snack
- Programs run rain-or-shine (unless torrential downpour, thunder and lightning and/or unsafe winds)
- No dogs allowed on guided hikes
- Please remember that the expert guides we have arranged for these programs are volunteering their time and expertise. We are greatly appreciative of their commitment to sharing their knowledge with us.