Thursday, October 5 – Archaeology at the LRCA Administrative Office; 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Join the LRCA and special guests at our Administrative Office (located at 130 Conservation Road in Thunder Bay) for a fascinating discussion about the archaeology, anthropology and history of the Indigenous Peoples of the region. We are proud to welcome three expert guest speakers:
- Dr. David Norris, Owner, Woodland Heritage Northwest
- Chris McEvoy, MES – Lakehead University (Department of Anthropology, Technician)
- Dr. Jill Taylor-Hollings – Lakehead University (Department of Anthropology, Research Associate); Ontario Archaeological Society (President); Blue Sky Strategic Group (Board Member)
This two-hour event will cover topics including archaeological and anthropological findings or observations showcasing Indigenous Peoples through time in the region. Participants will also be able to view actual and replica artifacts up-close, try their hand at using an atlatl, and have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A with our guests.
NOTE: Event dates, times and topics are subject to change and/or cancellation.
A NON-REFUNDABLE $5.00 registration fee is required for each participant to secure your spot.
Out of stock
Please take note of the following important points:
- The LRCA will not be providing bussing or transportation of any kind. It is the participant’s responsibility to get themselves to and from the field trip location.
- By signing up for a program, you are agreeing to abide by the LRCA’s rules and safety measures, and you are agreeing to comply with any instruction from LRCA staff or expert guide.
We appreciate your support, understanding, patience and cooperation.