Did You Know?
- Conservation Areas in the Lakehead Region are privately owned by the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA). They are not City Parks or Crown Land.
- The LRCA pays property taxes on all land owned by the Authority, including Conservation Areas.
- The LRCA maintains the trails, parking areas, boat launches and other facilities located within our Conservation Areas without the support of Federal or Provincial funding.
- Your purchase of an Explore Card Parking Pass or payment of the per vehicle parking fee supports development, maintenance and improvements to the LRCA’s existing trail networks, as well as general Conservation Area maintenance and upkeep.
- A minimum $5.00 per vehicle parking fee is required, effective January 1, 2021.
Thank you in advance for your generous support. Our Conservation Areas depend on it.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ONLINE PAYMENT OF PARKING FEES IS NOT VALID AT MISSION ISLAND MARSH OR CASCADES CONSERVATION AREAS. Visitors to those areas must display a receipt from the on-site pay and display units or display an Explore Card Parking Pass.***
Starting at $5.00
Standard Parking Fee ($5), Environmental Friend ($10), Environmental Steward ($15), Environmental Protector ($20)