Dorion Birding Festival Tickets
SATURDAY, MAY 28, 2022
$10.00 +HST per participant
The Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA) is proud to offer an exciting in-person birding event on Saturday, May 28, 2022, thanks to the generous support of Enbridge! With COVID-19 still being a very real concern, the LRCA and our expert guides have put together a modified in-person birding experience. We hope to be able to offer the full Festival again in 2023.
2022 BIRDING FESTIVAL FORMAT:
Part I – Guided Birding at Hurkett Cove Conservation Area
Participants will register for one of two guided hike timeslots for in-person birding at Hurkett Cove Conservation Area.
- 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
You will drive yourself to Hurkett Cove Conservation Area and arrive at your scheduled start time, where you will be given the opportunity to join one of several guided birding opportunities. Hikes will be offered in three routes. Participants can choose which one they would like to join:
- Down the LRCA trail (2 guide-led groups; 15-minute staggered start times)
- Down the Wolf River trail (2 guide-led groups; 15-minute staggered start times)
- At the shoreline, parking lot area and road (1 guide-led group)
Part II – Guide-Led, Self-Drive Caravan
Once your 2-hour birding experience at Hurkett Cove Conservation Area is over, you will then have the opportunity to follow one of two guide-led, self-drive caravans in your own vehicle:
- Follow the guide vehicle to Hurkett Dock and then to Gulch Lake and Ouimet Canyon, by way of Pawluk’s Farm/Dorion backroads (OR via the highway)
- Follow the guide vehicle immediately to Gulch Lake and Ouimet Canyon
Participants will then head home from Ouimet Canyon.
- In order to accommodate participant, guide and LRCA staff vehicles, we encourage you to carpool.
- To avoid congestion on the road into Hurkett Cove Conservation Area, you will be required to move on from Hurkett Cove immediately after your scheduled birding timeslot is over.
- Coffee/Tea and Muffins will be provided at Hurkett Cove Conservation Area at the start of your scheduled birding timeslot.
- Bring your own lunch if you would like!
- Please only attend the timeslot for which you are registered.
We look forward to offering this modified Birding Festival for 2022, and we greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and cooperation. We hope to be able to offer the full Dorion Birding Festival experience once again in 2023!
ONLINE ORDERS ONLY. First-come-first-served.
A HUGE THANKS TO ENBRIDGE FOR THEIR GENEROUS SUPPORT OF THIS EVENT!